World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Bülkau

Article Id: WHEBN0011914646
Reproduction Date:

Title: Bülkau  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Cuxhaven (district), Arp Schnitger, List of dialling codes in Germany, Am Dobrock, Neuhaus (Oste), Elbe-Weser Triangle
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Bülkau

Bülkau

Coat of arms
Bülkau
Bülkau

Coordinates: 53°45′N 08°52′E / 53.750°N 8.867°E / 53.750; 8.867Coordinates: 53°45′N 08°52′E / 53.750°N 8.867°E / 53.750; 8.867

Country Germany
State Lower Saxony
District
Municipal assoc.
Government
 • Mayor M. Schmitz (CDU)
Area
 • Total 23.22 km2 (8.97 sq mi)
Elevation 1 m (3 ft)
Population (2012-12-31)[1]
 • Total 881
 • Density 38/km2 (98/sq mi)
Time zone CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)
Postal codes 21782
Dialling codes 04754, 04777
Vehicle registration CUX

Bülkau is a municipality in the district of Cuxhaven, in Lower Saxony, Germany.

History

Bülkau belonged to the Prince-Archbishopric of Bremen, a territory of imperial immediacy established in 1180. In the mid-16th century Bülkau adopted Lutheranism. During the Catholic Leaguist occupation under Johan 't Serclaes, Count of Tilly (1628–1630), Bülkau suffered from attempts of re-Catholicisation.

In 1648 the prince-archbishopric was transformed into the Duchy of Bremen, which was first ruled in personal union by the Swedish Crown – interrupted by a Danish occupation (1712–1715) – and from 1715 on by the House of Hanover. In 1807 the ephemeric Kingdom of Westphalia annexed the duchy, before France annexed it in 1810. In 1813 the Duchy of Bremen was restored to the Electorate of Hanover, which – after its upgrade to the Kingdom of Hanover in 1814 – incorporated the duchy in a real union and the ducal territory, including Bülkau, became part of the Stade Region, established in 1823.


References


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.