World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Ringstedt

Article Id: WHEBN0011915863
Reproduction Date:

Title: Ringstedt  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Cuxhaven (district), List of dialling codes in Germany, West Farleigh, Bederkesa (Samtgemeinde), Stade (region), Simultaneum, Elbe-Weser Triangle
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Ringstedt

Ringstedt

Reformed-Lutheran simultaneum St. Fabian Church

Coat of arms
Ringstedt
Ringstedt

Coordinates: 53°34′00″N 08°51′00″E / 53.56667°N 8.85000°E / 53.56667; 8.85000Coordinates: 53°34′00″N 08°51′00″E / 53.56667°N 8.85000°E / 53.56667; 8.85000

Country Germany
State Lower Saxony
District Template:Link if exists
Municipal assoc. Template:Link if exists
Government
 • Mayor Erich Glandorf (CDU)
Area
 • Total 26.26 km2 (10.14 sq mi)
Elevation 7 m (23 ft)
Population (2012-12-31)[1]
 • Total 837
 • Density 32/km2 (83/sq mi)
Time zone CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)
Postal codes 27624
Dialling codes 04708
Vehicle registration CUX
Website www.ringstedt.de

Ringstedt (in High German, in Low Saxon Ringst, literally in Ring Stead) is a municipality in the district of Cuxhaven, in Lower Saxony, Germany.

History

Ringstedt belonged to the Prince-Archbishopric of Bremen, established in 1180. In 1648 the Prince-Archbishopric was transformed into the Duchy of Bremen, which was first ruled in personal union by the Swedish Crown – interrupted by a Danish occupation (1712–1715) – and from 1715 on by the Hanoverian Crown.

In 1807 the ephemeric Kingdom of Westphalia annexed the duchy, before France annexed it in 1810. In 1813 the duchy was restored to the Electorate of Hanover, which – after its upgrade to the Kingdom of Hanover in 1814 – incorporated the duchy in a real union and the ducal territory, including Ringstedt, became part of the new Stade Region, established in 1823.

Ringstedt is twinned with the Kentish village of West Farleigh in England. This relationship was built on many years of friendship developed through both communities and their sports clubs.

Sights

St. Fabian Church (est. 13th century), a simultaneum of Reformed and Lutheran congregants.

References

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.