World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Hohenfels, Konstanz

Article Id: WHEBN0010038404
Reproduction Date:

Title: Hohenfels, Konstanz  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Konstanz (district), List of postal codes in Germany, List of dialling codes in Germany, Schule Schloss Salem, List of castles in Baden-Württemberg
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Hohenfels, Konstanz

Hohenfels

Coat of arms
Hohenfels
Coordinates:
Country Germany
State Baden-Württemberg
Admin. region Freiburg
District Konstanz
Government
 • Mayor Hans Veit
Area
 • Total 30.50 km2 (11.78 sq mi)
Elevation 654 m (2,146 ft)
Population (2012-12-31)[1]
 • Total 1,978
 • Density 65/km2 (170/sq mi)
Time zone CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)
Postal codes 78355
Dialling codes 07557, 07775, 07771
Vehicle registration KN
Website www.hohenfels.de

Hohenfels is a municipality in Konstanz district, in Baden-Württemberg, Germany.

Geography

The municipal area is located north of Lake Constance on the eastern rim of the Hegau region, about 8 km (5.0 mi) east of Stockach. It includes the villages of Deutwang, Kalkofen, Liggersdorf, Mindersdorf, and Selgetsweiler.

History

Liggersdorf parish church

In 1352 the Swabian lordship of Hohenfels around the 12th century Neuhohenfels Castle was inherited by the noble House of Jungingen. Konrad von Jungingen (c. 1355–1407) and his brother Ulrich (1360–1410) served as Grand Masters of the Teutonic Knights; in 1506 the Teutonic Order purchased the Lordship of Hohenfels, which became part of the Altshausen commandry within the Alsace-Burgundy bailiwick.

After the German mediatisation in 1803, Hohenfels fell to the Principality of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen and from 1850 was part of the Prussian Province of Hohenzollern.

References

  1. ^ "Gemeinden in Deutschland mit Bevölkerung am 31.12.2012 (Einwohnerzahlen auf Grundlage des Zensus 2011)". Statistisches Bundesamt (in German). 12 November 2013. 
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.